On a rainy day, don’t despair, there is lots to do to keep you occupied.
At Plas Dinam
– Play and epic game of billiards in the magnificent billiard room
– Tinker on the grand piano in the drawing room
– Curl up in front of your favourite film and see it on a 50’ screen in the TV room
– Browse the book collection in the library
– Get out a board game and gather friends around the table in the sitting room to battle it out
– Play on the X-Box in the TV room
– Get cooking a feast in the inspiring kitchen whilst listening to your favourite music
– Hold a family game of charades using the dressing up box in the playroom
– Enjoy a long lazy lunch in the dining room
– Take kids on their bikes down to the undercover stable area
– Run round the table tennis tennis table and keep a rally going as you go
Out and About
– Visit Llanidloes and it’s historic Market Hall
– Hit a few golf balls at the Mid Wales Golf Centre, just 3 miles away, which has a 12 bay floodlit driving range, an excellent way of improving your swing for the accomplished golfer to the complete novice or beginner. Club hire is available for both the course and the driving range to include juniors (various ages) through to ladies and male adults, in both left and right handed. The centre also benefits from both practice putting and chipping areas. The club house comprises of a well stocked, licensed bar and offers light refreshments, toilet and showering facilities and pro shop.
– Visit the Centre for Alternative Technology(CAT) With over 7 acres of hands-on displays and gardens and with over 35 years of experience in sustainability practice, the Centre for Alternative Technology(CAT) inspires thousands of visitors every year. CAT is an education and visitor centre which demonstrates practical solutions for sustainability. It covers all aspects of green living: environmental building, eco-sanitation, woodland management, renewable energy, energy efficiency and organic growing.
– For local festivals and events see visitmidwales.co.uk